Home Part Two: More details…
I have sung for a large number of choirs and conductors over the years, and have come to the conclusion that, no matter a person’s capabilities, no-one likes to take too much time up in rehearsal “note bashing”. So to help with this, I have created rehearsal files for people to use, at their computer, or to download to MP3 players and the like.
- a file for each voice part (Soprano, Alto, etc.) that has that voice part enhanced, the other voices being much quieter;
- a Full Voice part, which has all the voices together at the same volume. It will also have the accompaniment (if the piece has one);
- an Accompaniment part, which will have the accompaniment enhanced, with the voice parts very quiet in the background.
With these you can become more proficient in your own time, whilst doing your chores around the house, whilst driving, whilst waiting at airports/doctors’ surgeries, or whatever.
Here you can find soundfiles for all kinds of music in the following formats:
- For music out-of-copyright: MIDI, MP3, Music XML and Sibelius files.
- For music still in-copyright: MP3 files.
All out-of-copyright music has been given the “FREE” page category; you don’t need to register to play those files.
All in-copyright music has been given the “PREMIUM” page category; you need one of the paid-for membership options to play those files. You also, of course, get access to the “FREE” files.
For further instructions choose HELP>HOW TO PLAY THE FILES above.
Use the Search boxes on the right of most pages; or; click on one of the Page Categories or Page Tags.
For further searching instructions choose HELP>SEARCHING HINTS above.
The soundfiles only contain the notes, played on clarinets: there are no words.
I do not provide soundfiles for the following:
- Non-choral items
- Solo songs
- Operas / Operettas / Musicals (unless items have been arranged and published specifically for concert performance by choirs)
- Hand-written scores
- None of the soundfiles produces words – all you get are the notes
In large choral works, such as oratorios and cantatas, I don’t provide files for those movements involving just the soloists.
I do not provide sheet music. I do not provide Compact Discs nor Cassettes.
Anyone can search the site to see what is there, but you will need to register for a subscription before you can access in-copyright sound files: a paid-for subscription will give you access to all the files for a time period you select. Choose REGISTRATION>MEMBERSHIPS OVERVIEW to read about the different registration levels.