Group (Corporate) Accounts: a handbook for Account Owners (Parents)
(Last update: 17 March, 2023)
This handbook should help answer most Corporate Account Holders’ questions, and walk you through the various aspects which differ from an Individual account.
Group (Corporate) accounts of various sizes and length are offered for groups of 15 people or more. They increase 5 seats at a time up to 50, and then by 10 seats at a time. When deciding on how many seats you may require, you don’t count yourself: you get access anyway.
To access your Corporate Account area, choose YOUR ACCOUNT>ACCOUNT from the top menu. There are 4 tabs: click on the 2nd one Subscriptions. Then click on Sub Accounts in the column at the far right.
Your Sub Accounts are listed in alphabetical order of Last Name, and there is a Search Box you can use. There are columns for Date of Last Login and Number of Logins, but these only started registering on 6 March, 2023.
I am not able to prevent a member from asking to join more than one Group (Corporate) account, so ask them if they are already a member of another group account.
There are three approaches to adding members to your Corporate Account. I will discuss them in the order that they show up on the page, but I highly recommend that you use the second method: METHOD B.
i. METHOD A
[NOTE: I don’t recommend this method, but am including it for completeness.]
- To add just one Sub Account, click on the “Add Sub Account” button, just below the number of Sub Accounts Used so far;
- If the person you are adding is already registered on the site, enter their Username in the “Existing Username” box;
- If the person you are adding is not registered on the site, complete the 2nd-5th boxes. Picking their email address as their Username can cause problems if the person is likely to change their email address later. [This is why I recommend METHOD B below];
- Check the “Send NEW members the welcome email” box.
ii. METHOD B
[I recommend using this method]
- Use the Signup URL. Copy it, then email it to all those people you wish to invite to your Group (Corporate) Account. When they click on that link, they will be able to Self-Register, and choose their own Username and Password;
- Keep an eye on your list of Sub Accounts; anyone you don’t recognise, or who you haven’t given authority to be added, you can click on their “Remove” link.
iii. METHOD C
- Create a .csv file of all the people you wish to add. The only fields required for the CSV are:
- Username (“username”)
- Email (“email”)
- First name (“first_name”)
- Last name (“last_name”)
- Here’s a link to a sample corporate sub-account member import file:
Corporate Accounts Sub Accounts Example CSV
More information about Group Corporate) Accounts
What you and your members get for your money
An active Corporate membership entitles the Parent and all Sub Account members to visit the whole site, for in- and out-of-copyright material, and to play all the files through browsers, and/or to download them to hard drives. They can then load them onto any mobile device they own which will play them. In-copyright files must not be shared with anyone else, unless they are a member of your Corporate Account.
In-copyright MP3 sound files must not be uploaded directly to your or any website. Choose HELP>COPYRIGHT for reasons why not.
Create a dedicated choir page on this site
Click here for how you can create a page on my site just for your group/choir. The intention is that you provide a list of the music you are currently rehearsing, and you make each title a link to the actual page on my site which holds the rehearsal files.
What to do when you need to renew, or if you need to change the size of the corporate membership
To renew your existing membership (i.e.for the same time period and the same number of Sub Accounts), logon and choose YOUR ACCOUNT>ACCOUNT from the top menu, and click on the “Subscriptions” tab. Click on the “Renew” link. You won’t lose any Sub Account details.
Change Plan: Same time period, but increasing/decreasing number of Sub Accounts
You can change your existing membership at any time to a different number of Sub Accounts, with the same time period plan, although the plan starts afresh:
- Login and choose YOUR ACCOUNT>ACCOUNT from the top menu, and click on the “Subscriptions” tab;
- Click on the “Change Plan” link and select the new plan from the dropdown list. The value of any time left on the old plan will be deducted from the price of the new one, which starts afresh. This is called proration;
- Click on the “Subscriptions” tab again and you will see the new plan (Active) and the old plan (Inactive);
- For the active new plan, click on “Sub Accounts”, and you will see they have all transferred to the new plan, and the old plan should have no Sub Accounts.
If your Sub Accounts haven’t transferred over from your now Inactive Plan to your new Active Plan, go here.
Change Plan: Different time period
To change your existing membership to a different time period plan, it’s best to do it just before the expiry date of your existing plan, or as soon as possible afterwards. Briefly, you purchase a new plan, export the Sub Accounts from your existing plan, import the Sub Accounts to new plan.
- Purchase your new plan: from the top menu, choose REGISTRATION>REGISTER FOR 4 MONTHS (6 MONTHS, or 1 YEAR) PLANS – whichever you require;
- Choose YOUR ACCOUNT>ACCOUNT from the top menu, and click on the “Subscriptions” tab;
- You will now see you have two Memberships;
- For the old membership, click on the “Sub Accounts” link;
- Scroll down past your Sub Accounts list, and click on the “Export Sub Accounts” link which downloads it to your harddrive;
- Cloick on the “Subscriptions” tab again and, for the new plan you have just purchased, click on the “Sub Accounts” link;
- Scroll down to Import Sub Accounts via CSV; click on the “Choose file” button, and navigate to the file you exported in 5. above;
- Click on the “Upload CSV” button.
This leaves you with the new active plan you have just purchased, containing your Sub Accounts; and your old plan with no Sub Accounts.
What to do if you need to pass on the corporate plan to someone else
Ideally you would do this at the end of your current membership. There is an “Export Sub Accounts” link on your Sub Accounts page. Then “Remove” everyone from your account. The new person will need to purchase an equivalent Corporate membership. They can then “Import” the Sub Accounts you have already “exported”.