General Data Protection Regulation Opt-In Form

Home Forums Announcements General Data Protection Regulation Opt-In Form

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  John R. Fletcher 4 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

John R. Fletcher
    Keymaster

There can’t be many people who are not of aware of the change in the EU law regarding data protection. There are pages on my site covering its privacy policy and its security.

The only way I contact you all is by email. These are usually system-sent emails such as responses to password resets, but there may be other reasons for me requiring to contact you, and I need your permission to do so.

In order to be sure that I am compliant with GDPR, I have been asking that you complete an Opt-In form.

If you joined the site after 1 March 2018, then there is no need to fill in this form as, since that date, there has been a checkbox on the registration form which takes care of the matter. But if you joined the site before that date, and especially if you have a Free registration, or are a member of a choir’s group subscription, then please complete the Opt-In form available on my site: choose YOUR ACCOUNT>GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR) OPT-IN. You only need to do this once, but no harm if it is done twice.

Many thanks,
    JohnF

John Mathews
    Participant

Dear John,

You have my permission to contact me should the need arise.

Kind regards,

John Mathews

John R. Fletcher
    Keymaster

Thanks John, but have you completed the Opt-In form? I collect the data from the form to prove that I have the necessay permission. Replying here isnt sufficient.

JohnF

Pamelawilson
    Participant

Dear John,

You have my permission to contact me should the need arise.

Kind regards,

Pamela Wilson

John R. Fletcher
    Keymaster

Thanks Pamela, but I still need you to fill the official GDPR Opt-In form if you haven’t done so already.

J

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.