Hints and tips to getting the most out of this site.
All the information about your registration is gathered together under the YOUR ACCOUNT tab above:
- LOGIN: This is where you login. If already logged in, it shows a brief profile, including the expiry date of your registration
- LOGOUT: This where you logout
- PASSWORD RESET: If you forget your password, this page asks for the email you used on your account. The system will send you an email from email@example.com containing your Username and an auto-generated Password. It is a good idea to copy and paste the Password as it contains a mixture of symbols. You can then change this Password to something more memorable.
- PROFILE: This where you see the information I hold on you. You can change any of this data except your Username and Membership Level.
- JOIN US: This where you create a new registration
- RENEW UPGRADE: This where you can renew or upgrade your registration.
- SECURITY: Here is a brief explanation of the various security measures on the site
Not received an email
Responses to things such as Registration Acknowledgement and Password Reset requests are automated, and come from firstname.lastname@example.org. Unless your email program knows about these addresses, it may put these responses into your spam/junk folder. So do check there if it doesn’t arrive in your In-Box.
Some people have spam protection software which, when it receives an email from someone it doesn’t know about, sends out a response containing a link to be clicked on. I do not click on any links like this. If you have such a program, please set it up to accept emails from my two addresses above.
As this site relies on you providing the correct email – notifications about your registration, replies to Reset Password requests, etc. – it is vital that you ensure the email address you give is correct. Do please check it is correct by choosing YOUR ACCOUNT>PROFILE.
You are logging in but are told that your details cannot be found
Today’s browsers have a nasty habit of remembering the login details for pages that you visit. If you happen to mistype those details, the browser then remembers the wrong ones. When you next try to login, unless you keep an eye on the box, your browser will substitute the wrong details just as you press enter. This is when a clearing of your browser’s cache will be useful.
You log in but, on completing a search, you are told that you are not logged in
This will happen if you haven’t explicitly logged out at the end of a previous session. Although it isn’t strictly necessary to logout, it does help to keep your login details “clean”. So, if you get this situation, choose YOUR ACCOUNT>LOGOUT; then you choose YOUR ACCOUNT>LOGIN and it should all work for you.
It also a good idea to clear your browser’s cache every so often.
You are logging in but are told “Session expired”
Most websites will automatically end a session if you haven’t explicitly logged out. So, if you get this message, choose YOUR ACCOUNT>LOGOUT, and logout. Then choose YOUR ACCOUNT>LOGIN and log in again.
You are logged in, but you keep getting told your membership level isn’t high enough to access the page
- You need to be on a level other than “Free” if you wish to access in-copyright material;
- If you are on a higher level and still can’t gain access, then CONTACT ME
You have forgotten to put your first and last name into the registration form
- Choose YOUR ACCOUNT>PROFILE on top menu;
- There you can add your name. Also you can change your password if you wish
You want to change your password
- Choose YOUR ACCOUNT>PROFILE on top menu;
- Enter new password in the Password field, and again in the Repeat Password field
You have forgotten your username and/or password
Choose YOUR ACCOUNT>PASSWORD RESET on the top menu bar;
Enter your email and choose PASSWORD RESET;
You will receive two automated emails. They will come from email@example.com so ensure your email program doesn’t junk them. One will have your username and a new (but totally unmemorable) password;
Choose YOUR ACCOUNT>LOGIN;
Enter your username and the unmemorable password you have just received; it is best to copy/paste the password as it contains a jumble of characters;
Choose YOUR ACCOUNT>PROFILE;
Decide on a new, memorable password, and enter this into the Password field, and again into the Repeat Password field.
And that will teach you to forget your username/password (only joking…)
You want to delete your account
Choose YOUR ACCOUNT>PROFILE and click on the red Delete Account link at the bottom