Hints and tips to getting the most out of this site.
[Updated 3 May, 2023]
Login / Logout
Here is where you can … login and logout. If you have forgotten your password, click on the “Forgot Password” link, where it just requires you to enter your email address. You will then be sent an email containing a link for you to follow in order to enter a new password.
When you are logged in, the HOME page will say “Hi [your name]”
All the information about your registration is gathered together under the YOUR ACCOUNT>ACCOUNT tab:
- 4 tabs:
- Home: Your First and Last Names, and your Email. You can make changes to these, and click on the “Save Profile” button to save those changes. Note that if your Username is an email address, but you want to change to a different address in the Email box, you will need to get in touch with me;
- MEMBERSHIP: e.g Individual – Premium – 1 Year
- SUBSCRIPTIONS: “None” means each payment you make is one-off, not recurring; Expiry date is shown;
- ACTIVE: “Yes” if in-date; “No” if expired;
- CREATED: Initial registration date;
- CARD EXP: Not used;
- Links for you to “Renew” or to “Change Plan”
- Payments: A list of your payments since 6 March, 2023. If you had a membership before that date, there may be a nominal payment shown;
Not received an email
Responses to things such as Registration Acknowledgement and Forgot Password requests are automated, and come from my website.
Please add me to your email contacts so that your system recognises my addresses, replacing (at) with the symbol @
john_fletcher (at) mac.com
email (at) johnfletchermusic.org
It is also helpful to login to your email provider’s website and access your email account there. You can then add my two addresses to you “Safe Addresses” list (it may be called by some other name by your email provider).
There have been reports of people with BT email addresses not receiving emails – not just from my website.Some people have spam protection software which, when it receives an email from someone it doesn’t know about, sends out a response containing a link to be clicked on. I do not click on any links like this. If you have such a program, please set it up to accept emails from my addresses above.
As this site relies on you providing the correct email – notifications about your registration, replies to Reset Password requests, etc. – please ensure the email address you give is correct. To check your email, choose YOUR ACCOUNT>ACCOUNT; correct it there if it is wrong.
You are logging in but are told that your details cannot be found
Today’s browsers have the ability to remember the login details for pages that you visit. If you happen to mistype those details, the browser then remembers the wrong ones. When you next try to login, unless you keep an eye on the box, your browser will substitute the wrong details just as you press enter. This is when a clearing of your browser’s cache will be useful.
You log in but, on completing a search, you are told that you are not logged in
This may happen if you haven’t explicitly logged out at the end of a previous session. Although it isn’t strictly necessary to logout, it does help to keep your login details “clean”. So, if you get this situation, choose LOGIN / LOGOUT to logout; then choose LOGIN / LOGOUT to start again and it should all work for you.
It also a good idea to clear your browser’s cache every so often.
To return to the Search you made before logging in, click on your browser’s Back button (possibly twice) and then the Reload/Refresh button.
You are logging in but are told “Session expired”
Most websites will automatically end a session if you haven’t explicitly logged out. So, if you get this message, choose LOGIN / LOGOUT, and logout. Then log in again.
You are logged in, but you keep getting told your membership level isn’t high enough to access the page
- You need to have a paid-for membership if you wish to access in-copyright material;
- If you are on a higher level and still can’t gain access, then CONTACT ME
You have forgotten to put your first and last name into the registration form
- Choose YOUR ACCOUNT>ACCOUNT on top menu;
- There you can add your name. Also you can change your password if you wish;
- If you make changes, remember to click on the “Save Profile” button
You want to change your password
- Choose YOUR ACCOUNT>ACCOUNT on top menu;
- Click on the “Change Password” link at the bottom of the page;
You want to change your username
One reason for doing this is if you are using your email address as your username, but need to change your email address. This can happen when people had been using a work address, and then change their job, or retire. Another example is when your email provider doesn’t seem to want to deliver my emails to you (e.g.@btinternet.com).
My system doesn’t allow usernames to be changed. To get round this I would need to delete your current registration and get you to rejoin.
If you have a paid-for subscription, you would need to contact me so that I can arrange a Discount Code for any unused period on your current subscription.
If you have a Group (Corporate) Account, and one of your members (Sub Accounts) needs to change their Username, ask them to contact me directly.
In all these cases I need you to notify me of the old email address so that I can remove it completely from my system.
You have forgotten your username and/or password
- If you have forgotten your Username, the easiest thing to do is to ask for a Password reset, even if you haven’t forgotten your Password;
- Choose HOME from the top menu, but don’t fill in the Username and Password boxes at this stage; rather, click on the “Forgot Password” link at the bottom of the page. This will ask you to enter the email address your are registered with;
- You will receive an email containing a link to follow to reset your Password. You can choose a new Password, or put in the same Password you had before;
- The next email you receive will quote your Username, and confirm that your Password was successfully reset. It doesn’t quote the Password, but you know that already because you have only just set it;
- You are now armed with both your Username and Password, which you can enter into the HOME page login form. Your browser may have already entered your details: you can ‘reveal’ your Password by clicking on the ‘eye’ symbol on the right-hand side of the Password box. If it is incorrect, delete it and enter the new one;
- Checking the “Remember Me” box so that is shows a ‘tick’ will tell your browser to remember the correct details.